Verizon Galaxy Nexus is recently upgraded with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Big Red already release it as an OTA update. But the problem is, OTA update usually take some time before it is finally reach your handset. It can take days, weeks, or even months! That is why manual installation method is more preferred by some users. Although it will instantly void your warranty since you need to get your Galaxy Nexus’ bootloader unlocked. Personally, i won’t recommend to do such thing for those of you who’re not familiar with Android rooting or flashing ROM. But if you can’t wait to experience Butter Cream engine and deep integrated notification system on Jelly Bean, you should read my tutorial to manually update Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.1 here.
Please note that i won’t take responsibility for any permanent or temporary damage that happen to your Samsung Galaxy Nexus because of doing this tutorial. Do this at your own risk guys.
Before we get started, make sure you create a full backup of all your important file since the Android 4.1 update will wipe all your phone’s internal data. Also don’t forget to get your Galaxy Nexus fully charged. We don’t want sudden blackout during the installation process. Once you done with these preparation steps, we can start the installation tutorial here:
1. Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean pack here
2. Move the file on the root folder of your SD Card
3. Power off your handset. Press volume keys and power button altogether to boot into Recovery Mode.
4. Once you already there, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and reboot your system
5. Navigate to File manager, select Install Zip from SD Card and pick the android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM package
6. Your handset will automatically reboot. Once it reach the home screen, your Verizon Galaxy Nexus will run on Android 4.1!
Well, that is all i can tell you right now guys. If you’re happen to experience any problem with this tutorial, do not hesitate to write it down on the comment box below. I will try my best to help you.tags: Android 4.1, Download, How to, Jelly Bean, Tips, verizon