How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 P5100 with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich
Samsung is recently issued an OTA Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. It is currently tagged with build number XXBLH4. According to Samsung, this update also bring more stability to the system and get rid of most bugs. Although you can grab it from the thin air, OTA update usually require some time before it reach your device. It can be weeks or even months. That is why i am here today to teach you how to install Android 4.0 update for Galaxy Tab 2 manually.
Remember that this update should be applied on Galaxy Tab 2 with model number P5100 only. If you plan to use it on other type of Galaxy Tab 2, it might cause bugs or fatal errors. This Android 4.0.4 update will also wipe all your data and settings, so you better create a full backup before attempt this manual update method.
Now, before we get started, make sure that you done these preparation steps. First, install correct and latest version of Galaxy Tab 2 USB drivers on your computer. Second, enable USB Debugging mode. Third, charge your Galaxy Tab 2 until it reach 85% of it’s full power. Finally, you need to root and get your Galaxy Tab 2 bootloader file unlocked. Once you finish these preparation steps, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Download Android 4.0.4 pack for Galaxy Tab 2
2. Extract the .zip file on your computer
3. Download Odin v1.85 and install/open it on your computer
4. Power off your Galaxy Tab 2 and enter Download Mode by pressing Volume + and power button altogether. Once you see green Android robot, press power button
5. Connect your tablet into the computer via USB cable
6. ID:COM section on Odin should turn to yellow now
7. Click on PDA and choose a file name CODE on the list
8. Click on Phone and click a file name MODEM. If there is no such file, you can skip this step
9. Click on CSC button and choose CSC file. You can also skip this step if there is no such file
10. Finally, click on the PIT button and select PIT file. Skip again if you don’t find any file with such name
11. Go back to Odin menu and enable Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time. If you already pick PIT file, you need to enable the Re-Partition Option
12. Click on Start button. The installation process should begin right away
13. Once your tablet reach homescreen, you can remove it from the computer
Congratulations! Now your Galaxy Tab 2 is already running on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you’re somehow experience problem applying this tutorial, you can write down your question on the comment box below. I will try my best to help you.This article is helpful for our readers when they're searching about download odin p5100 pit file, P5100 PIT, download android 4 0 for galaxy tab, odin for galaxy tab 2, p5100 pit file, p5100xxblh4_home tar