How to Install Leaked XXDLI1 Jelly Bean Update to Samsung Galaxy S III
Samsung Galaxy S III is definitely will receive an official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update this year. The thing is, we have no idea when it will happen. However, thanks to a XDA member known as AdamLange, owners of Galaxy S III now able to have a sneak peek review via leaked official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM. It is currently tagged with model number XXDLI1. Interested to install this leaked firmware? Then you should read my step by step guide below.
Before we start with the installation tutorial, you better do check these prerequisites. First, create a full backup of all your important files. Because installing this update will wipe all your settings, apps, and contacts information. Second, enable USB debugging mode, so you can connect your handset to computer properly. Third, make sure that you already root your Galaxy S III and install it with ClockworkMod Recovery. Once you done with these preparation steps, we can start the installation tutorial right away.
1. Download the base ROM from here
2. Move it on the root folder of your SD card
3. Power off your handset and boot into Recovery Mode
4. Create nandroid backup if you think that it is necessary
5. Go to Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD card. Select the base ROM that you have downloaded before
6. Once you already reach the home screen, move the OTA file into your handset
7. Flash it once again using Recovery Mode (step 2-5)
8. Go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S III is now running on the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Please note that since this is a leaked version, you might experience some bugs or minor errors. That is why i suggest you to grab the official version once it is become available.