This is a great news for those of you who are happen to own HTC Incredible S. Although HTC is not release an official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for your handset yet, you can experience the best of Google’s latest OS via AOKP custom ROM! Yes, it is true guys. Today, i will teach you how to install AOKP Jelly Bean custom ROM for HTC Incredible S.
Please note that since this is not an official release from Google, there are some features that not working properly at the moment. For example, WiFi hotspot and WiFi is buggy at the moment. Gallery is quite slow. MMS is not working on some carriers. There are also some issues with notification color, camera, call volume, and LED light. But if you don’t mind having such issues and just want to have an early look on how Jelly Bean work on your Incredible S, i suggest you to install this AOKP Jelly Bean custom ROM.
Before we get started, make sure that you done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files. Second, charge your handset until it reach 100% of it’s battery life. Third, enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Apps > Development. Fourth, you need to make sure that your Incredible S is rooted and installed with ClockworkMod Recovery. Once you finish these preparation steps, we can start the installation process right away.
1. Download AOKP Jelly Bean ROM for Incredible S
2. Download GApps package
3. Move those two .zip file into the root folder of your Incredible S’ SD card
4. Power off your handset. Boot to Recovery Mode by pressing Volume – and Power button together. Select Recovery option on your screen
5. Once you already there, perform Nandroid Backup
6. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
7. Continue with Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > Pick the AOKP Jelly Bean ROM
8. Do the same thing with GApps package
9. Once the installation process complete, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now
Once your handset reach it’s homescreen, it will run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean already. If somehow you experience problems with this tutorial, do not hesitate to write down your problem on the comment box below. I will try my best to help you here.tags: Android 4.1, AOKP, custom ROM, HTC, Incredible S, Jelly Bean