How to Install Omega 12 ROM to Samsung Galaxy S III
This is a great news for those of you who interested to try some custom ROM for Galaxy S III. Omega custom ROM is finally released in stable version! It is currently tagged with build version 12 and based on XXBLG9 Android 4.0.4 firmware, which currently has the best drivers for modem and WiFi. Love this? then you should give all credit to indie, XDA member that make all this possible. Today, i will teach you how to flash this custom ROM on your Galaxy S III.
Please note that in order to install this custom ROM, you need to root your Galaxy S III first. This is mean that you will loose your warranty. For those of you who has problem with that, you may close this page now. But if you’re still excited, then we should move on to the preparation steps.
First, you need to create a full backup of all your important file and data. Including sms, contacts, settings, files, and apps. The new ROM will automatically wipe all of them, so you might want to save it somewhere safe. Second, you need to enable the USB Debugging mode. In order to do this, you need to navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. As soon as you finish these preparations, we can start the installation tutorial right away.
1. Download Omega 12 Custom ROM package
2. Connect your Galaxy S III to the computer. Move the Omega 12 zip file on the root folder of your SD card. Remove the handset
3. Turn off your handset
4. Enter recovery mode by pressing Volume + and Home button, while simultaneously pressing the power button. Once you already there, you should select Wipe Data/Factory Reset > Wipe Cache Partition
5. Select Advanced and continue with Clear Dalvik Cache
6. Select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > Pick the Omega 12 Custom ROM
7. The installation process should take 4 to 5 minutes
8. Once it complete, you will be taken back to the main menu. Select Reboot system now
Congratulations! Your Galaxy S III should be running on Omega 12 ROM now. You should be able to experience all the best from Android 4.0.4 on your handset. If you’re happen to experience problem during the installation process, feel free to write down your question on the comment box below. I will be happy to do my best to help you.