Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 is one of the earliest Android handset released by the Korean giant. It’s been a long time since we saw new firmware update released for this device. Cyanogen mod 4.0.3 firmware was already available for Mini, but due to hardware limitation, there won’t be no official ICS release guys. Today, i spotted new firmware released for Galaxy Mini S5570. Tagged as XWKTN, this new update is also known as Gingerbread 2.3.6. It was released for Europe region only, but you can apply it to your handset without any problem. Today, i will teach you how to do that.
This firmware is an official release guys, so you don’t have to worry about warranty void issue. But before we get started, i suggest you to do these preparation steps. First, create a full backup of all your important file. Move your sms, apps, settings, and important files to other safe place. Second, charge your Galaxy Mini until it reach 60% of it’s maximum battery power. Third, enable USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development. Once you done with these steps, we can start the installation process.
1. Download Firmware Pack and Odin on your computer
2. Extract those two package and execute Odin
3. Enable Download Mode on your Galaxy Mini by press and hold both Volume – and Home button while simultaneously press the power button. Once a green android appear on your screen, you should connect it to the computer via USB cable
4. ID:COM section in Odin should turn to yellow, which mean that your device is successfully identified by the program
5. Click on OPS and select TASS_v1.0.ops
6. Click on One Package and select .tar.md5 file that you’ve got from extracting Firmware pack
7. Click Start and the installation process should start immediately
8. Once your Galaxy Mini reach it’s home screen, you can remove it from the computer
That’s it! You can now enjoy new XWTKN firmware running on your Galaxy Mini. If there is any problem with this firmware, feel free to write it down on the comment box below. I will be happy to provide you with some solution guys.tags: Android 2.3.6, Galaxy Mini, Gingerbread, How to, S570, SAmsung, Tutorial, XWTKN