Samsung Galaxy Ace owners, i have a really good news for you. Although your handset age is now already over one year old, that doesn’t mean there is not any developer interested to develop new custom ROM. In fact, CyanogenMod 7.2 firmware for Galaxy Ace S5830 is now available for download! What makes it interesting is that this ROM feature Galaxy S III looks and all required components that make your Galaxy Ace like running on Touchwiz UX!!
In order to apply this ROM, you need to root your handset first, which also mean your warranty will be void instantly. Since this is not an official release from Samsung, there is also a chance that you will get your handset bricked, so do this at your own risk guys.
Before we get started, make sure that you have done these following things. First, create full backup of all your important files. Save them on other safe place because installing this ROM will instantly remove all your data and settings. Second, you need to enable USB Debugging Mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Third, charge your Galaxy Ace until it reach at least 30% of maximum battery life. Once you done with these steps, we can start the installation process.
1. Download CM 7.2 – SIII Mod package to your computer
2. Connect your Ace to computer via USB cable and move the ROM package into the root folder of your SD card. Remove your handset then
3. Download and Install ROM Manager from your handset
4. Boot to Recovery Mode by press and hold Menu button while pressing Power button
5. Once you already there, select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > pick CM 7.2 – SIII Mod Package
6. Installation process should take between 5-6 minutes
7. Go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Once your handset is already reach home screen, you can enjoy the new CyanogenMod 7.2 ROM with Galaxy S III look on your Galaxy Ace! Please write down your opinion or problem on the comment box below. I will try my best to help you install this amazing custom ROM.tags: Download, galaxy ace, Galaxy S III, How to, Install, S5830, SAmsung, Tutorial