Samsung Galaxy S III Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is scheduled to come out on August 29th. As the release date closing in, there are already some leaked version of firmware spotted on the Internet. One of the latest is XXDLH6 version, which is the latest stable build of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean of Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. Today i’m gonna teach you how to install this leaked firmware on your handset!
Please note that since this is not an official release from Samsung or Google, there is a chance that you get your phone bricked. I won’t take any responsible for that, so you should do this at your own risk guys. One thing that you need to remember is your root access will be wiped with this update. But there is no need to worry, you can root your Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 again later.
Before we start the tutorial, make sure that you already done these preparations steps. First, create a backup of all your important data. Move them into a safe place like desktop computer or cloud storage. Second, charge your handset until it’s reach 60% of battery life. Third, enable KIES Mode by navigate to Settings > USB Connection menu. Once you’re done with all these steps, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Download XXDLH6 Firmware pack and Odin. Save them both on your computer
2. Extract Odin package and run the program
3. Turn off your Galaxy S III GT-I9300. Boot to Download Mode by pressing Volume – and Center button together, while simultaneously pressing the power button. Once a green robot appear on your screen, you should connect your handset to computer via USB cable
4. ID:COM section in Odin should turn to yellow. This is a good sign that your device is properly detected by the program
5. Click on PDA button and select the .MD5 file that you get from extracting XXDLH6 Jelly Bean firmware package
6. Click on Start button and the installation process will begin. Normally, it will take between 4 to 5 minutes
7. Your handset will automatically reboot. Once it’s reach the home screen, you can safely remove it
Well, that’s all guys! Now you can enjoy new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S III GT-I9300. Please note that this is not an official release from Samsung, so you should download the official one when it is finally become available. But in the mean time, you can get a glimpse on Jelly Bean experience with this leaked firmware. Enjoy!tags: Android 4.1, Download, firmware, Galaxy S III, GT-I9300, How to, Install, Jelly Bean, SAmsung, Tutorial, Update, XXDLH6