This is a great news for those of you who are happen to own LG Prada 3 P940 phone. From what i’ve recently heard, LG is already release the official Android 4.0 update for your handset! Off course the update itself is currently not available in all region right now, but that is exactly why i’m here right? I’m about to tell you how to manually install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on LG Prada 3 P940 phone.
Before we get started, you need to know that i won’t take any responsible for any kind of permanent or temporary damage that happen on your device by doing this tutorial. So, make sure that you do this with your own risk.
Backup is the most important thing to do, no matter what kind of activity that you’re about to do on your Android device. So, you need to secure all your personal data like sms, contacts, settings, apps and other important files. Next, unless you want to experience a black out during the updating process, you need to charge your LG Prada 3 P940 phone until it’s battery reach 50% at least. Third, since we’re using the manual download and install method, you need to install the latest proper version of LG Prada 3 phone drivers on your computer. So, you already did all those stuffs? good. Then we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab V20D ICS 4.0.4 firmware package
2. Extract it and you should get numerous file, including the one with .kdz format
3. Execute the shttp3.exe, select Update Entry in Main Menu, and pick the Add to Startup. Set the password and click the Install button
4. Choose Small HTTP Server (you can choose this from your Start menu if you’re currently on Windows)
5. Select Settings and continue by picking the HTTP tab. Change port value to 9002 and click OK
6. Go to c:\shttps and locate the WWW folder. On the right window, you need to set the file path to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
7. You should be able to find a host file on the “etc” folder. Copy this one to the ORIG folder that located on the extracted file from the second step. Now, open the MOD Folder, still from the extracted files, you should find another hosts file. Move it to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
8. Open the Software folder from the extracted package and execute the B2CAppSetup.exe. Just follow the provided on screen instruction and you will be fine
9. Open the Flashing folder and execute the Windows Enabler.exe file. See at the bottom of your task bar and locate the program, then turn it on
10. Open the Flashing folder once again and run the msxml.msi program
11. Connect your LG Prada phone to your phone. Make sure that before you doin that, you’ve got it’s battery remove. Once it’s connected, prompt to Download mode by holding Volume + and power button on the same time
12. Once again, open the Flashing folder and execute the UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe. Please note that you need to change the product type to 3GCQT and mode to Emergency
13. Run the flash tool, select the kdz file from the downloaded ICS package and you need to navigate in the menu by following this pattern. Normal Web Upgrade Test > Upgrade Start > Select Country and Language > Country: Different Country > Change Language > OK
14. The update process will start immediately and soon after that, your LG Prada will run on Android 4.0
Congratulations guys! You’ve just update your handset to Ice Cream Sandwich. I know that it is not sounds that good anymore since the Jelly Bean is available around, but it is better than nothing right? Please let me know if something went wrong with this tutorial, i will try my best to help you out. Just don’t ask me to tell your problem to LG’s customer support.tags: Android 4.0, Download, firmware, guide, How to, ICS, Install, LG, P940, Prada, tutorial, Update