Google Nexus 7 was released only few weeks ago. It is the first tablet in the world that running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Google promised that the shipment process will start in the next few days for some selected markets in US and Northern America. Despite from the fact that the tablet is not available yet to public, some intelligent developers out there have find a way to root the Nexus 7! I know that this sounds premature, but it is rooting is always a good news guys. It’s like the open door to many interesting stuffs like custom ROM, mods, themes, and many more.
So, just in case if you want to root your Nexus 7 the moment after it reach your doorstep, i decide to come out with a brief explanation on how to do that. I personally don’t have the chance to do this guide yet, but i’m pretty sure that it is quite safe since there’s been plenty of evidence of success rooting process. Not to mention that this is a Nexus device, which mean that it wouldn’ t be that hard to root.
1. Download and Install the Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) on your computer
2. Grab both Superuser (http://static.clockworkmod.com/developer/3654/3095/JB-SuperSU.zip) and ClockworkMod (http://goo.im/devs/birdman/CWM-grouper-recovery.img) package
3. Look for C:/Android folder and place both SU and CWM files inside this folder
4. Press Win+R. This will launch the command prompt on your computer
5. Connect your Nexus 7 to the computer and type these following commands. Remember, you need to end each line with enter
adb push path-to-zip/JB-SuperSU.zip /sdcard
cd platform -tools
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
flashboot flash recovery path-to-img/CWM-grouper-recovery.img
mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
Soon after you enter the last command, your Nexus 7 is official rooted guys! You can test it by installing some apps that require SuperUser access like Titanium Backup Pro or Font changer. If you’re happen to face some problems with this tutorial, contact me via comment box below. I will provide any help that i can give for you.tags: Google, guide, How to, Nexus 7, Root, Tablet, Tips, Trick, tutorial