Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is expected to come out as an OTA update for Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, and Motorola Xoom within few weeks. However, i still don’t have any clue about other Android device. Whether they will receive an official Jelly Bean update or not. So far, only Samsung and HTC that already confirmed that they will provide Android 4.1 update for some of their device. LG? still not hearing anything from them. Then what about Sony? It seems like that the Japan based company is still busy upgrading their Xperia handsets to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Oh my.
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t get a quick glimpse of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Xperia device. Thanks to a creative XDA member know as Vicino, now you can taste a small piece of Jelly Bean on Xperia. In order to do that, you need to install Xperia Jelly Bean theme created by him. Before you get too excited, please note that this installation process need you to root your handset and install it with ClockworkMod Recovery. So, there’s a chance that you might do something wrong with your phone system and give it temporary or permanent damage. But if you’re not care too much about this condition, then you can proceed to the tutorial below.
1. Create a full backup of all your important file. Including SMS, settings, and apps
2. Download the Xperia Jelly Bean theme into your computer
3. Connect your Xperia device and move the theme file into the root folder of your SD card
4. Remove the handset and turn it off
5. Boot into Recovery Mode. Once you already there, you need to select Wipe Dalvik Cache. Please note that this step is not mandatory. You can choose not to do it. But if you want to make sure that everything work correct, you can Wipe the cache files
6. Select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip From SD Card > select the Xperia Jelly Bean theme package. The installation process will begin immediately
7. Once it’s done, you will be return back to main menu. From here, you need to choose the Reboot System Now
Voila! once the reboot process complete, your Xperia device will looks almost like running on Jelly Bean. If you want to make it look more appealing, don’t forget to download other important stuffs like Android Jelly Bean live wallpapers or Jelly Bean notification sound. It will make a perfect carbon copy of the OS on your Xperia device!tags: Android 4.1, Install, Jelly Bean, Sony, Theme, xPeria