Today is the good day for all of you who are happen to own Sony Xperia Play. A nice custom ROM for your handset is recently released for your phone. It is called as XDark and built based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. This is an Android custom ROM that receive high appreciation from Xperia Play gamers. Why? Well, it comes with the full touch support that also compatible with numerous of exciting game titles like Assassins Creed, Nova 3, and even FPSE (the PSX emulator for Android).
Interested already with this ROM? Well, you need to join me here then. I’ve got a really nice explained tutorial on how to install the XDark custom ROM for Xperia Play.
Before we get started, make sure that you have done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, settings, apps, and contacts. Second, charge your Xperia Play until it’s battery reach at least 40%. Anything above that level is great, so it’s up to you guys. Finally, remove all the anti virus and firewall app on your computer to prevent unecessary interruption. Soon after you done with all those stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Download the XDark ICS Custom ROM package
2. Connect your Sony Xperia Play to the computer and move the XDark ICS custom ROM package to the root folder of your SD card
3. Remove your handset from the computer and turn it off
4. Press and hold the search button. While doing this, connect your phone to the computer, again
5. Now, press Win+R. This will launch the command prompt window. Next, you need to enter CMD and press enter. Type each command that i’m about to tell you below. Make sure that you end each line by pressing the enter key
fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img
fastboot -i 0xfce reboot
6. The handset will automatically reboot. You need to press the volume button over and over again to activate the ClockworkMod Recovery mode
7. Once you already there, select Wipe Data / Factory Reset > Wpe Cache Partition. Go back to main menu and select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > choose the XDark custom ROM package
8. The installation should begin soon. Normally, it won’t take more than 30 minutes
9. You will be landed in the main menu. Now, select Reboot System Now
Soon as your Xperia Play reach the home screen, you can safely remove it from the computer. Navigate to Settings > About Phone and you will find that your handset is now running on Android 4.0 ICS! Congratulations guys, now you can experience full touch control system on your Xperia Play. Don’t hesitate to tell me if there’s anything goes wrong with this tutorial. I will try my best to help you.tags: Android 4.0, custom ROM, Detail, guide, How to, Install, tutorial, XDark