Samsung Galaxy S III is definitely updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean this year. But the main problem is, i have no idea when Samsung decide to unleash the new firmware. So far, only Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ and Nexus S that receive such official OS update from Google. This is mean that we might have to wait for four or even five months before Jelly Bean arrive at Galaxy S III.
Luckily, a XDA member known as Faryaab is recently released an unofficial port of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean to Galaxy S III. This is mean that impatience users can have a sneak peek on how’s the new Android OS work on their handset. But the best part is, today i’m gonna teach you how to install it!
Please note that since this is an unofficial port, i won’t take any responsible for any kind of temporary or permanent damage on your handset that happen due to this tutorial. Do this at your own risk guys!!
Before we get started, you need to do these following prerequisites. First, root your Galaxy S III and install ClockworkMod Recovery on it. Second, create a full backup of all your important file, including sms, contacts, settings, password, apps, etc. Finally, charge your Galaxy S III until it reach full power capacity. This is very important to avoid unexpected shut down during the installation process. Now that you’ve done all those things, we can start the tutorial.
1. Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean package
2. Connect your handset into the computer. Move the Android 4.1 package to the root folder of your SD card. Remove the device
3. Turn off your handset. Boot to Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume +, Home, and Power buttons
4. Select Backup and Restore and continue with Backup Again
5. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and answer Yes
6. Select Wipe Cache Partition
7. Go back to main menu and select Advance > Wipe Dalvik Cache
8. Go back to main menu once again. This time, select Install Zip from SD Carc > Choose Zip from SD Card > select the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean package
9. The installation process should take between 5 to 10 minutes
10. Go back to main menu and select Reboot system now
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy S III will now running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. If you have some problems with this tutorial, feel free to write down your question on the comment box below. I will try my best to help you.tags: Android 4.1, Download, firmware, Galaxy S III, How to, Jelly Bean, OS, Port, SAmsung, Tutorial, Update