HTC HD 2 owners, i’ve got a good news for you! Thanks to the creative developers out there, now you can experience the brand new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your handset! Please note that this is not an official release from HTC and still on beta. So, there might be some features that not working at the moment. As far as i’m concern, camera and Google Now are not stable. In addition, you are also have to root your handset first and install it with ClockworkMod Recovery if you want to add the beta Jelly Bean to your HTC HD 2.
Please note that i won’t take any responsible for the permanent or temporary damage that happen to your handset due to this tutorial. Do this at your own risk ok?
Before we get started, make sure that you done few things first. Create backup of all your important files, including sms contacts, settings, and apps. Don’t forget to enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigate into Settings > Applications > Development > USB. Finally, charge your HTC HD 2 for at least 40%. This is very important to avoid blackout during the whole process. Done with that? Now we can start the tutorial guys.
1. Download the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean pack
2. Connect your HTC HD2 to computer via USB cable
3. Move the pack into the root folder of your SD card
4. Remove the handset and turn it off
5. Enter Bootloader mode by pressing Volume + and OK buttons, while simultaneously press the power button
6. Once you already there, select Recovery. Continue with the Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Don’t forget to select the Wipe Cache partition as well
7. Now navigate to Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > Select the Jelly Bean package
8. The installation process should begin soon. It would take a minute or two
9. When it’s done, you will go back to main menu. Select Reboot System Now
The moment after your HTC HD2 reach it’s home screen, it will be running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean! Congratulations guys. You can write down on the comment box below if you have some problem with this guide and don’t forget to spread the words if it works perfectly for you.tags: Android 4.1, Download, firmware, guide, How to, HTC HD2, Jelly Bean, Tutorial, Update