How to Disable App Notification on Jelly Bean
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was officially announced last week at I/O Conference 2012, alongside with Google Nexus 7. I must say that i’m really impressed with the fact that Google manage to put some deep and highly integrated notification system on the new OS. However, some of you might find it quite annoying if they pop-out very frequently. But there’s no need to worry guys. After spending few hours with Jelly Bean, i finally manage to disable the apps notification system! Today, i’m about to share you a quick guide on how to do that.
1. Open Menu and navigate to Settings
2. Continue by select the Applications option
3. You will be provided with the list of installed apps. Select which app that you want it’s notification to be disabled
4. Tap on it’s name and you should see the Show Notifications option, right beneath the Force Stop and Uninstall button
5. Simply untick the option and tap the OK button. You might see some sort of warning, but that’s fine
6. Voila, now you won’t receive any more notifications from that app!
Well, i must say that deeper notification system is good, but when you use more than 50 apps on your device and continuously receive notifications from all of them, it will become a very annoying and frustrating experience. In fact, i found that it drain my battery life pretty quick! That is why this tutorial will be your efficient way to pick which notification that you need to show on the status bar.