This is a great news for those of you who are happen to own Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000. Samsung Australia is recently release a new value pack for your handset. Still based on Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, but include some ICS-like feature, such as face unlock and new UI. It is currently tagged with version XWJW6. Today, we decide to come out with a complete guide on how to install this firmware manually.
There’s no need to worry about warranty void issue since this is an official firmware released by Samsung.
Before we get started, you need to do these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, settings, and apps. Second, clear all the cache and wipe all data through Recovery mode if you’re currently run on a custom ROM. Third, enable the KIES mode by navigate to Settings > Wireless and Network > USB settings > Samsung KIES. Fourth, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Finally, remove or disable any kind of antivirus and firewall app that now available at your computer. Once you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Download XWJW6 firmware and Odin. Extract Odin in your computer and execute the program
2. Turn off your Galaxy S GT I9000 and boot into Download mode by pressing both Volume – and Center button, while simultaneously pressing the Power button. Soon after the green robot image emerged, you need to connect your device into the computer via USB cable
3. Open Odin and click on the PDA button. Select the .tar file that you should be able to get from the XMJW6 firmware package. Click on Start button to start the installation process. The handset will automatically reboot. Once you see a Language Selection option, you can safely remove your phone
4. Now, turn off your handset. Boot into Recovery Mode by pressing both Volume + and center buttons, while simultaneously pressing the power button
5. Once you already there, you need to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition. Soon after that, go back to main menu and select Reboot system now
Well done guys. You’ve just install the XWJW6 value pack to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I900. Feel free to contact us if you encounter any problem with this guide. We will try our best to help you.tags: Galaxy S, GT I9000, How to, SAmsung, tutorial, Value Pack