How to Install Samsung Galaxy S III with XXLAF2 Android 4.0.4 Firmware
Samsung UK is recently release new firmware update for Galaxy S III. It is currently called as XXALF2 firmware. We suggest you to install this one immediately since it will make your handset running on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Today, we’re gonna teach you how to install it manually. There’s no need to worry about warranty void issue since the update is released for the unlocked edition of the handset.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, settings, and apps. Second, charge your handset until it reach 50% or above. Third, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Finally, you need to remove or temporarily disable any kind of anti virus and firewall app in your computer. Once you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab both XXLAF2 firmware package and Odin
2. Extract Odin and run the tools
3. Turn off Galaxy S III and boot to Download mode by pressing both Volume – and Center button, while simultaneously pressing the power button. As soon as you see the green robot logo, you should plug in the device into the computer
4. The ID:COM section in Odin should turn to yellow
5. Click on the PDA button and select the XXLAF2 .tar file. You should be able to get the file if you’ve extract the XXLAF2 firmware package
6. The installation process will start immediately. Your handset will reboot and ask you to pick language type. You can remove your device from the computer at this stage
7. Enjoy the latest firmware running on your Samsung Galaxy S III
Well, that’s all we can tell you right now guys. If you think that we miss something from our explanation, feel free to contact us via comment box below. We are also welcome any kind of suggestion and critics here.