This is a great news for those of you who’re happen to own LG Optimus One P500. An official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread firmware is now available for your handset. It is currently tagged with build number V20G. Today, we decide to come out with a detailed guide on how to install this official firmware. There’s no need to worry about warranty void issue since this firmware is an official release from LG.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve already done this following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, backup, and settings. Second, you need to charge your LG Optimus One for up to 90% or above to avoid unwanted shut down during the installation process. Finally, enable the USB debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Once you’re done with all these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Download the LG Optimus One P500 V20G firmware package and save it on your computer. Extract the package and you will get 14 different files
2. Run a file named as LGMDP-v1.5.exe
3. Select PORT
4. Connect your device into the computer. Click on the Image folder and browse into the place where you save the extracted files from Optimus One firmware package
5. Click on OK button for three times
6. Close the pop-out windows and click on the Download button. Once the process is done, reboot your handset into Recovery Mode
7. Select flash recovery, continue with reboot and restore the NV2 backup file
8. Wait until the process finish and remove your handset from the computer
Well done guys, you’ve just update your LG Optimus One to official Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread device. Please let us know if you encounter some problem during the installation process. We will try our best to help you.tags: Android 2.3.3, LG, Optimus One, P500, V20G