How to Install Official Android 4.0 Update to HTC Sensation XL
This is a great news for those of you who are happen to own HTC Sensation XL. An official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for your handset is now available guys. It was already available as an OTA update since last week. But if you’re happen to miss the update, there’s no need to worry. Today, we’re gonna tech you how to apply the update manually. There’s no need to worry about warranty void issue since this is an official release from HTC.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important file, including sms, contacts, settings, and apps. Second, make sure that your handset is fully charged. Finally, enable the USB Debugging mode via Settings > Applications > Development. Once you’re down with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab and install HTC Fastboot drivers on your computer
2. Execute the Microsoft NET Framework 3.5 Installer on your computer
3. Download Android Recovery Manager and extract it on your desktop
4. Download the ICS firmware package and rename it to update.zip
5. Connect your handset into the computer and move the update.zip to the root folder of your SD card
6. Open the folder that you’ve got from the third point and execute the RecoveryManager.exe
7. Now, you need to select Start > Download Recovery
8. On the right hand side, choose the type of firmware and which carrier that your handset is currently using. If you have no idea about this information, you need to navigate to Settings > About > Software Information in your phone
9. Check the “I Agree” button and select Download selected recovery and Flash it
10. Once it’s been downloaded, you need to click on the Yes button
11. Wait until the process to finish, then select No
12. Now, boot into Recovery mode
13. Select Apply update from SD card
14. Locate and select the update.zip
15. Once the process complete, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Well done guys, your handset will now running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. If you’re happen to experience problem with this tutorial, let us know via comment box below. We will try our best to help you.