This is a great news for those of you who are happen to own HTC One XL smartphone. Today, we’re about to teach you how to install a new custom ROM called as Clean ROM 3.1. It is build based on Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. You should be able to feel faster and smoother performance with this new custom ROM since it will remove all the bloatwares and unnecessary features that previously exist on the stock ROM. Please note that this tutorial will only work for the unlocked edition of HTC One XL. If you try to apply it on network-locked version of the handset, you might get it bricked.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important file, including sms, contact, settings, and apps. Second, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Finally, root your HTC One XL and install it with S-Off. Once you’re done with all of those stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Download Clean ROM package and save it on your computer
2. Connect your HTC One XL into the computer via USB cable and move the Clean ROM package into the root folder of your SD card
3. Now, turn off your HTC One XL. Boot into bootloader mode by pressing Volume + and OK buttons altogether, while simultaneously pressing the power button
4. Once you already there, select Recovery. Continue with Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition
5. Navigate to Install Zip From SD Card > Choose Zip From SD Card > Select the Clean ROM package
6. The installation process will start immediately. It will take 3 to 5 minutes
7. Once it’s done, you should head to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Well done guys, you have just install the Clean Custom ROM on your HTC One X. Enjoy the brand new UI and faster performance on your device now. If you encounter any problems with this tutorial, don’t hesitate to contact us via comment box below. We will try our best to help you.tags: Android 4.0, Clean, custom ROM, guide, HTC, Install, One XL, Tips, tutorial