Samsung Galaxy S Advance (read our review here) is recently receive an official Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware update. It is also tagged with build number DDLD4. The update is supposed to be available over the air (OTA). However, if you haven’t receive the download notification up until now, we have a full detailed instruction on how to perform the update manually. Interested? Then continue reading guys.
Please note that there’s no need to worry for warranty void issue since this firmware is an official release from Samsung.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, settings, and apps. Second, charge your handset for up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected errors during the installation process. Third, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Finally, remove or disable any kind of antivirus and firewall app that currently available on your computer. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the DDLD4 Gingerbread firmware package for Samsung Galaxy S Advance. Save it on your computer and extract it
2. Grab Odin, save it on the computer, extract it, and run it
3. Now, turn off your handset. Enter download mode by press and hold both Volume – and Center buttons, while simultaneously pressing the Power Button
4. Connect your handset to the computer via USB cable
5. The ID:COM section in Odin app should turn to Yellow. This is the sign that your handset is already recognized by the app
6. Now, click on the PDA button and select the DDLD4 firmware file that you’ve already extract on the first step
7. Click on the start button to perform the update right away
8. Once it’s done, your handset will automatically reboot
9. Wait until it reach the home screen and remove it from the computer
Congratulations! You’ve just update your Samsung Galaxy S Advance with Android 2.3.6 Firmware. Please tell us if this tutorial works fine for you. There’s no need to worry if you encounter any problems. Just use the comment box below to tell us the troubleshoot, we will try our best to help you.tags: Android 2.3.6, Galaxy S Advance, SAmsung