How to Update LG Optimus S LS670 with Official Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware
A detailed process of LG Optimus S Smartphone update with the latest Gingerbread 2.3 firmware version will be described completely just for you. Please noted that you have to pass the pre requisites before you update it with the latest Gingerbread 2.3 firmware. Also check out on what are the enhancements which come with this in this update. Please aware that this is the Official Update released by LG Electronics and not any beta or leaked release. This update will be rolled out slowly to all the devices.
Enhancements in Gingerbread 2.3 for LG Optimus S:
- Device not charging has been fixed,
- SD card unmounting error is now resolved
- Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems too has been addressed,
- Predictive text with Android keyboard issue is fixed,
- Voice call volume issue now stands solved
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS upgrade
- Updated color scheme (includes darker notification bar and black-based menus)
- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a smart auto-correction function
- Improved cut-paste functionality
- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files
- Updated camera application
- · Power management and task killer applications
- We recommend you to back up all the data present in your device with the help of below mentioned steps. Don’t use KIES to back up the data as it will not support the phone after this update since it’s a custom ROM firmware.
- Minimum charge left in the phone should be 80% so as to ensure that the phone doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update. (If you don’t follow this step then the chances are more that your phone may get DEAD for which we should not be responsible).
- Disable all the security suites installed in your computer and uninstall all antivirus tools in your computer so as to ensure that the firmware update is not interrupted in the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked. USB Debugging Mode can only be enabled once you disconnect the phone from computer. USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to Update LG Optimus S Gingerbread 2.3:
- From the Home screen, you need to tap on the “Menu” button and then select the option of “Settings”. Scroll down the list and tap on the “About Phone”
- Tap on “System Updates” after which you will see that the device will check for updates. Please ensure that you have an active data connection or an active Wi Fi connection as the OTA update will have to be downloaded which is nothing but the Gingerbread 2.3 release.
- Now, all you need to do is to just follow the on screen instructions which will be shown on your mobile screen and there you go, once the update is successfully downloaded, you will see a message stating “Your system is currently up to date”. Once the firmware is updated, successfully you will need to restart the device.
- You can check check whether your phone is on the latest Gingerbread 2.3 Firmware or not from the path Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where it should show the current firmware is Gingerbread 2.3 firmware. If there is any other version being shown then you need to again follow the instructions mentioned above.
Congratulations, you have now successfully applied the update of Gingerbread 2.3 in your LG Optimus S. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if there are any issues as we will try our level best to sort out the same.
, LG optimus
, User Manual