How to Update Huawei U8120 / Vodafone 845 with Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.4 Firmware
Do you know that Google Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 is not only foe Google brewed phones? Yes the othe phones like Huawei U8120 also can taste the Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 firmware. All thanks to the Cyanogen mod which makes this possible with its CM9 release. Below we will discuss the detailed process of upgrading Huawei U8120 with Mod 9 ICS 4.0.4 firmware. Nevertheless, be informed that since this is a beta update, there are some things which won’t be working in this build but in the coming versions, the same will be worked upon. We have mentioned below a list of things which work and which still doesn’t work.
- Sms and Call -2g/3g
- Signal Strength
- Virtual keys
- SD card mount
- HW accel
- Missing FM
- Built-in Wireless Tether (other apks work)
- some APPs force close
- Lots of bugs and work to do
Pre Requisites to Update Huawei U8120 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Huawei U8120 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked as shown in the below screen capture.
- Minimum charge left in the device should be at least 60% so as to ensure that device doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Disable all the antivirus suites in your computer and uninstall the same in your device as these tools generally tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
Procedure to Update Huawei U8120 with ICS 4.0.4 Firmware:
- Assuming that you have already downloaded the Clock Work MOD Recovery Zip package from here to your computer along with the ICS 4.0.4 Package & Google Apps, you now need to place all these three files in your phone by connecting the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable.
- Disconnect the phone from computer and turn Off the device so that the same can be entered in the recovery mode (Press Power + Volume Up + Green Button)
- Once the device is entered into the recovery mode, you now need to now select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Clock Work Mod recovery file, ICS 4.0.4 Zip file, Google Apps which is placed in the phone in the same mentioned order.
- Once the update process is completed, the device will again land back to the recovery screen. In the recovery screen, select “++++ Go Back ++++” and then choose the option of “reboot system now” for rebooting the system.
- If the phone refuses to show the home screen even after 5 minutes of restart, you need to then reinsert the battery.
So there you go, you have successfully applied the update of ICS 4.0.4 in your Huawei U8120. Do let us know in the comments section just in case if you face any issues.
, Ice Cream sandwich