Today is a great day for Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 owners. That’s because we will teach you how to root your handset! Rooting an your smartphone will bring you huge advantage. You can do an extreme level of modification in your handset, including install some custom ROM or even overclock the processors. However, it will also make your warranty void. But there’s no need to worry guys, because we are also gonna teach you how to unroot your Galaxy Y Duos.
Before we get started, make sure that you already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including apps, sms, contacts, and settings. Second, charge your handset up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected error during the process. Third, enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the Super User app from Google Play. Don’t forget to update it with the latest version of su binary
2. Download the update.zip package and save it in your computer. Plug in your handset into via USB cable and move the .zip file to the root folder of your SD card. Remove your device
3. Boot to Recovery Mode by press and hold both Volume + and Home button, while simultaneously pressing the Power button
4. Once you already there, select Update Zip From SD Card
5. Choose the update.zip file that you’ve already copied on the second step
6. The rooting process should start immediately. Normally, it will takes 3-4 minutes
7. When it finish, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
1. Grab the Unrooting package for Samsung Galaxy Y Duos and save it in your computer. Plug in your handset via USB cable and move the package in to the root folder of your SD card. Remove your handset
2. Boot to Recovery Mode by press and hold both Volume + and Home buttons, while simultaneously pressing the Power button
3. Once you already there, select Update Zip From SD Card
4. Choose the Unrooting package that you’ve already copied before
5. The unroot process should start immediately
6. When it’s done, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations! you’ve just learn how to root and unroot your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos. If you encounter any problems with this tutorial, just send us the question via comment box below. We will try our best to help you.tags: Galaxy Y Duos, Root, SAmsung, Unroot