This is a great news for anyone of you who are happen to own LG Optimus P698 Dual-SIM smartphone. Today, we will teach you how to root your handset and install it with ClockworkMod Recovery! Isn’t that great. The moment after you do that, you can apply some custom Android ROM in your handset. There are plenty of great custom ROMs like CyanogenMod and MIUI. In order to install them, you must root your handset first, so applying this tutorial should bring great advantage to you.
Please note that rooting your handset will make your warranty void, so do this at your own risk. Before we get started, you should do these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, texts, settings, and apps. Second, disable or remove any kind of antivirus/firewall app in your computer. Third, charge your handset up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected error during the root process. Finally, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. When you’re done with all that stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Make sure that you already download and install the latest version of LG Optimus P698 drivers in your computer
2. Grab the Unlock Root tool, save, and install it in your computer
3. Launch the Unlock Root tool and minimize it
4. Now, plug in your handset into the computer via USB cable. Open the Unlock Root tool and click on the Root button
5. The rooting process should starts immediately. Normally, it will take up to 5 minutes
6. Now, let’s start the ClockworkMod Recovery installation process. First, grab the Optimus Dual SIM P698 Recovery Package and save it in your computer. Don’t forget to install GScript Lite from Google Play
7. Plug in your handset into the computer and move the Recovery Package to the root folder of your SD card
8. Remove your handset and launch the GScript Lite. Launch it and press the menu button to load a script
9. Tap on the Load button and select recovery_by_snegovik.sh file. The installation process should start immediately
Congratulations! You’ve just root and install ClockworkMod Recovery in your LG Optimus P698 Dual-SIM phone. If you encounter any problems while applying this tutorial, there’s no need to worry guys. Just read the tutorial from the first step and repeat it all over again. If the problem still persist, just write down the question on the comment box below, and we will try our best to help you.tags: ClockworkMod, Dual-SIM, LG, Optimus P698, Root