HTC Wildfire S (read our review here) is one of the Android smartphone from the Taiwan based company that promised to receive Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update this year. It is already listed on the HTC ICS Update plan that was released few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the company still remain silent about the availability of this promised update. This is mean that we have no idea when the Android 4.0 update will start to roll out for this handset. Anyway, while you waiting for that update to come, why don’t you try to overclock your handset?
Well, it might sounds like a complicated and dangerous process, but in fact, it is not! If you follow the procedure completely and make sure that your handset is compatible with the overclocked ROM. Today, we will teach you how to speed up HTC Wildfire S CPU using the OC Kernel. Before we get started, you have to make sure that your handset is currently run on Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread with the latest official HTC RUU 1.35.707.3. If your handset already met this condition, then we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the OC Kernel package and save it in your computer
2. Now, connect your smartphone to the computer via USB cable. Move the OC Kernel Package into the root folder of your SD card
3. Remove your phone and turn it off
4. Boot into Recovery Mode by press and hold both Volume – and Power button
5. Once you already there, select Install Zip from SD Card > Choose Zip from SD Card > select the OC Kernel .zip file
6. The installation process should start immediately. Once it’s done, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations! You’ve just speed up your HTC Wildfire S. Now your phone is officially become the HTC Wildfire XE with improved and stable system performance. Enjoy the brand new performance in your handset guys. Please note that if you encounter any problem while applying this tutorial, feel free to use the comment box below to write down your question. We will try our best to assist you.tags: How to, HTC, Overclock, Wildfire S