Earlier on this day, we’ve already teach you how to downgrade Sony Xperia Arc S to official Android Gingerbread firmware, just in case if you’re not satisfied with the Android 4.0 update. This time, we will tell you how to do similar thing to Sony Xperia Ray. There’s no need to worry about warranty void issue since we are using official Gingerbread ROM that released by Sony on this tutorial.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, apps, and settings. Second, charge your handset for up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected error during the installation process. Third, disable any antivirus or firewall app in your computer. Finally, turn on the USB Debugging Mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab both Flash Tool and Android Gingerbread firmware package
2. Extract the Flash Tool package
3. Extract the Gingerbread package. You should end up with .ftf file
4. Move the .ftf file inside the flashtool/firmwares folder
5. Launch the Flash Tool
6. Click the “File Option” and select “Flash Mode”. Continue with pressing the OK button and make sure that you already enable the Wipe User Data and Wipe cache option
7. Click on the OK button, the app will ask you to plug in the handset into the computer via USB cable
8. Connect your handset and the installation process should start immediately
9. When the process complete, your handset will automatically reboot. As soon as it reach the home screen, remove it
Congratulations! You’ve just install an Android 2.3 Gingerbread firmware on your Sony Xperia Ray. Now you will gain the same performance in your handset. However, for those of you who miss the Android 4.0 update for the Xperia Ray, you can read our installation manual in here.
Please let us know if you encounter any problems with this tutorial. Just send us the question via comment box below. We will try our best to help you.tags: Android 2.3, Gingerbread, Sony, Xperia Ray