HTC Desire HD owners should be happy now since they have the chance to taste the Ice Cream Sandwich OS on their handset! But before you get thrilled, this OS update is not the official release from the HTC or Google. The update comes out in a form of Ice Cold Sandwich v7.0 developed by Lord Clockan. Today, we will teach you how to apply this custom ROM in your HTC Desire HD.
Initial report suggest that there are lot of essential features like WiFi, GPS, Camera and FM Radio are currently work properly at the moment. The only feature that broken on this custom ROM is the video camera and MMS function. If you can live without those two features, we suggest you to grab and apply this ROM immediately.
Before we get started, make sure that you have done these following things in your handset. First, create a full back up of your personal data, including SMS, apps, settings, and call log. Second, charge your Desire HD up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected error during the installation process. Third, enable the USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Development > Applications. Fourth, disable any antivirus or firewall application that existed in your desktop computer. Finally, root your handset in install it with the ClockworkMod Recovery. When you’re done with all these stuffs, we can begin the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the Ice Cold Sandwich v7.0 firmware and save the .zip file in your computer. Plug in your handset into the computer to desktop computer via USB cable and move the .zip file inside your phone’s SD card. Make sure that you place it in the root folder
2. Remove your handset and turn it off
3. Prompt into Recovery Mode by pressing both Volume – and Power button
4. Once you already there, select Install zip from SD card and continue with Choose zip from SD card. Browse and select the Ice Cold Sandwich 7.0 .zip file, the installation process should begin immediately
5. When it’s done, you must select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option and continue with the Wipe Cache Partition. Soon after that, you need to go back to main menu and select Reboot system now
6. The moment after you reach the home screen, remove your handset and you’re done
Congratulations! You’ve just install an Android 4.0 custom ROM in your HTC Desire HD. This is mean that you are now able to take advantage from ICS goodies like resizeable widgets, improved task manager, and better data management. If you encounter any problem with the tutorial, feel free to use the comment box below to write down your question. We are also welcome any kind of suggestion and constructive critics here.tags: Desire HD, HTC, Ice Cold Sandwich