If you’re one of the Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 (read our review here) proud owners, we have a great news for you. Today is the day when your handset gets updated with the Google’s latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich! But before you get too excited, we would like to inform you that this is not the official update release from Samsung. In fact, it comes in a form of CyanogenMod 9 Android 4.0.3 Beta 7 firmware.
Although this ROM is considered as beta version, there are lot of essential features reported to work properly at the moment. That’s include boot, GSM, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, sensors, Animation, ICS keyboard, Gmail, Games, YouTube, Deep Sleep and WiFi signal indicator. So, if you want to taste the Ice Cream Sandwich earlier on your Galaxy Ace, this is your best chance folks.
Today, we will teach you how to install this custom ROM. Just like usual, you’ve to done these following things to make sure the installation process runs successfully. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including contacts, settings, apps, and texts. Second, charge your handset for up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected error during the installation process. Third, enable the USB debugging menu by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development. Fourth, disable any antivirus or firewall application that installed in your computer. Finally, make sure that your handset is rooted already and installed with the ClockworkMod Recovery. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 Firmware package and save it in your computer
2. Plug in your handset into the computer via USB cable. Move the .zip file to the root folder of your SD card
3. Remove your handset and turn it off
4. Boot to Recovery Mode by press and hold both Menu and Power buttons
5. Once you already there, select Install Zip From SD Card, continue with Choose Zip From SD Card, and select the Cyanogen Mod 9 .zip file that you’ve already copied on the second step
6. The installation process should begin immediately
7. When it’s done, go back to Main Menu, and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations! You’ve just install the Android 4.0 ICS on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. Now you can take advantage from all those ICS goodies like resizable widgets, better multitasking performance, and built-in data manager. If you’re facing some problems while applying this tutorial to your handset, then feel free to tell us. Use the comment box below to write down your question. We will try our best to assist you.tags: Android 4.0, galaxy ace, S5830, SAmsung