ClockworkMod is one of the best and most popular recovery image for android smartphone. Once you already install this image in your handset, you can easily flash any android custom ROM. Today, we will gonna teach you how to install ClockworkMod Recovery to Sony Xperia S. Please note that this tutorial will require root access, a process that also make your warranty void, so do this at your own risk.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important file, including sms, contacts, text, settings, and app. Second, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Root your Sony Xperia S
2. Grab both Doomlord CWM Recovery Image and WiFi Module for Doom Kernel. Save ‘em in your computer
3. Install ADB in your computer
4. Now, rename the S-DooMKernel-v01_kernel.elf to kernel.elf. Then move to the folder where ADB and Fastboot files are located
5. Plug in your Xperia S into the computer via USB cable and move the S-DooMKernel-v01-Modules.zip to the root folder of your SD card
6. Remove your device and boot to Recovery Mode by press and hold Volume + button while connect your handset into the computer
7. Once you already in fastboot mode, press Win+R key to launch command prompt in your computer. Type the following command
fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
8. This command will make your handset reboot. When the blue light turned on, you should press Volume Up button to make it enter Recovery Mode. Using the volume key, you must select Install Zip From SD card and choose the S-DooMKernel-v01-Modules.zip that you’ve already copied on the fifth step
9. The installtion process should begin immediately. Normally, it will only take 5 minutes
10. When it’s done, go back to main menu and select Reboot system Now
Congratulations! You’ve just install ClockworkMod Recovery image in your Sony Xperia S. There’s no need to worry if you encounter some problem during the whole process. All you have to do is read the tutorial from the start and repeat them once again. If the problem still persist, then don’t hesitate to send us the question via comment box below. We will try our best to help you.tags: ClockworkMod, How to, Sony, XPeria S