This is a great news for those of you who are happen to own Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660. You are now have the chance to experience custom ROM from one of the best ROM maker around the web. You might’ve already guess it and you’re right. The CyanogenMod 9 ROM is now available for your device guys! The best part is that we’re gonna teach you how to install it. Please note that this is not an official release from Samsung, so your warranty will instantly void. Do this at your own risk.
Although the ROM is still tagged with Beta 8 version some essential features like boot, GSM, WiFi, Bluetooth, Sounds, GPS, sensors, Gmail, Browser, and Games are reported to work properly at the moment. So, if you want to experience small taste of Ice Cream Sandwich on your Galaxy Gio, this is your best shot.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, apps, and settings. Second, charge your handset up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected backup during the whole process. Third, enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Finally, disable any kind of anti virus or firewall app in your computer. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Root your Samsung Galaxy Gio
2. Grab the ICS CyanogenMod 9 package and save it to your computer
3. Connect your handset to the computer via USB cable and move the CyanogenMod 9 package to the root folder of your SD card
4. Remove the handset
5. Turn it off and enter Recovery Mode by press and hold both Menu and Power button
6. Once you already there, select Install Zip From SD Card > Choose Zip From SD Card
7. Locate the CyanogenMod 9 package file and the installation process should start immediately
8. Once it’s done, you will be prompted back on the main menu. Select Go Back and continue with Reboot System Now
Congratulations! You’ve just install CyanogenMod 9 Beta 8 to your Samsung Galaxy Gio. Please let us know if this tutorial works fine with you. Don’t hesitate to use the comment box below to tell us if you’re encounter any problem while applying this guide. We will try our best to help you.tags: CyanogenMod, Galaxy GIO, SAmsung