How to Downgrade Sony Xperia S to Official Android Gingerbread Firmware
Sony is recently release Android 4.0 update for Xperia Arc S. Although it is still available in Northern Europe at the moment, we have an installation manual if you interested to upgrade your handset. However, let’s say that your Xperia Arc S is already running on Ice Cream Sandwich, but you’re not too satisfied with the system performance. Then what you should do? The answer is simple. Just re-flash your device with the official Android 2.3 Gingerbread ROM. Today, we are going to teach you on how to do that.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, apps, and settings. Second, charge your Xperia Arc S to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected shut down during the installation process. Third, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Finally, disable any antivirus or firewall program in your computer. When you’re done with all of these things, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab both Flash Tool and Xperia Arc S firmware package. Save them both on your computer
2. Extract the Flash Tool package
3. Extract the Firmware package, you should end up with a .ftf file
4. Move the .ftf file to flashtool/firmwares folder and run the Flash Tool app
5. Click on the Flashing Icon that located on the left side below the “File option”. Select the Flashmode and click OK. Make sure that you enable the Wipe User Data and Wipe Cache option
6. Select OK and the Flash Tool will ask you to connect your handset. Do this by using the USB cable. As soon as your device connected, the installation process will start immediately
7. Once the process complete, your handset will automatically reboot. When it is finally reach the home screen, remove it from the computer
Congratulations! You’ve just install the official Android Gingerbread firmware on your Sony Xperia Arc S. Now you can use other Gingerbread custom ROM and regain the previous system performance on your handset. If you encounter any problem with this tutorial, please let us know. Just use the comment box below to send us the question. We will try our best to help you.This article is helpful for our readers when they're searching about downgrade xperia s to gingerbread, xperia s downgrade, how to downgrade xperia s to gingerbread, xperia s downgrade to gingerbread, xperia s gingerbread rom, downgrade xperia s, downgrade xperia arc s to gingerbread, xperia s gingerbread stock rom, xperia s revert 2 3, xperia s gingerbread rom official