Just like any other android handset, Sony Xperia S is also loaded with bloatware. It is a term that we used to call useless apps that loaded in your handset by default. Usually, this kind of apps will be related to your operator. The most annoying part from this bloatware is that you can’t just delete them with normal procedure. That’s why today, we decided to come out with a full detailed guide on how to remove bloatware from Sony Xperia S.
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including sms, contacts, apps, and settings. Second, charge your handset up to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected backup during the whole process. Third, enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigate to Settings > Applications > Development. Finally, disable any kind of anti virus or firewall app in your computer. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Install the latest and correct version of Xperia S drivers in your computer. Also don’t forget to Install ADB. It will make your machine recognize your Xperia S properly
2. Identify the region/ID of your handset. This can be done by dialing *#*#7378423#*#* from your handset. Then you must select Service Menu > Software Info > Customization Version
3. Grab Flashtool and Xperia S generic software package. Save ‘em both on your computer
4. Extract the Flashtool on C:\
5. Extract generic firmware package and you should end up with .ftf file
6. Move the .ftf file to C:\Flashtool\Firmwares
7. Now, open the Flashtool program
8. Select the File Option and continue with Flash mode. Don’t forget to enable Wipe User Data and Wipe Cache option
9. Click on the OK button
10. Connect your handset to the computer via USB cable and the flashing process will start immediately
11. Once it’s done your handset will automatically reboot. When it reach the home screen, remove it
Congratulations! Your Sony Xperia S is now running on a clean version of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. The bloatwares are also removed already. This is mean that you will experience better RAM usage since there are less apps running on your system.
Please let us know if you encounter any problems while applying this tutorial. Just write down the question on the comment box below. We will try our best to help you.tags: bloatware, Sony, XPeria S