Sprint Nexus S 4G is promised to receive the new Android Ice Cream Sandwich update. Sadly, there’s no exact release date yet and this is mean nothing but months after months of waiting. But there’s no need to worry. We’ve just receive the leaked ROM of the official Android 4.0.4 update for Sprint Nexus S 4G. Although it still in beta phase, early report suggest that primary features are working properly.
Today, we will teach you how to install the Android 4.0.4 firmware to your Sprint Nexus S 4G. Before we started, make sure that you’ve already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important data, including sms, contacts, settings, and apps. Second, charge your Sprint Nexus S 4G to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected shut down during the installation process. Next, enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development. Finally, don’t forget to root your Sprint Nexus 4G and install it with ClockworkMod Recovery. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the Android 4.0.4 firmware package and save it in your computer. Plug in your handset into the PC and move the .zip file into the root folder of your SD card
2. Unplug the handset and turn it off
3. Press and hold both Volume - and power button. This will make your device prompted into Recovery Mode
4. Once you already in Recovery mode, select the Wipe Data / Factory Reset, continue with Wipe Cache partition. Wait until the process to complete, then select the Wipe Dalvik Cache option
5. Go back to main menu. Select Install zip from SD card and continue with Choose zip from SD card
6. The installation process should start immediately. When it is finally over, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations! you’ve just successfully install the new Android 4.0.4 firmware to your Sprint Nexus S 4G. If you encounter any difficulties while applying this update, please let us now via comment box below. We will try our best to assist you.tags: Android 4.0.4, Nexus S 4G, SAmsung, Sprint