Sprint Nexus S 4G is recently receive Android 2.3.8 Gingerbread update! Wait, isn’t that the latest version of Google’s Android Gingerbread is tagged with version 2.3.6 or 2.3.7? Well, there’s no need to be confuse here guys, because it is not an official release from Sprint or Samsung. This Android Gingerbread 2.3.9 for Sprint Nexus S 4G comes in a form of MIUI ROM that build based on Android 4.0.3 firmware. Cool isn’t it. We’re not going to tell you what’s new on this release, but if you interested, you can read the full changelog here.
Today, we will teach you how to install the custom ROM in your Sprint Nexus S 4G. Before we get started, you need to do these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including contacts, settings, apps, and sms. Second, charge your Sprint Nexus S 4G up to 60$ or above. This is necessary to avoid unexpected errors during the installation process. Third, enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development. Last but not least, root your Sprint Nexus S 4G and install it with ClockworkMod Recovery. When you’re done with all these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the MIUI Firmware package and save it in your computer. Plug in your handset and move the .zip file into your phone’s SD card
2. Unplug the device and turn it off. Enter Recovery Mode by press and hold both Volume - and power button
3. Once you’re already there, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Then you should continue with Wipe Cache Partition. Finally, you should go to Advanced menu and select the Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Go back to main menu, select Install zip from SD card, continue with Choose zip from SD card, and select the MIUI Firmware .zip file
5. The installation process should initiate immediately. Once it’s done, return to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations! You’ve just successfully install the MIUI 2.3.9 Firmware in your Sprint Nexus S 4G. Please let us know if you’re having a problem with this tutorial via comment box below. We’ll try our best to assist you.tags: Android 4.0, MIUI 2.3.9, Nexus S 4G, Sprint