Samsung Galaxy S II, the South Korea versions of it, is recently receive an official Android 4.0 update from the company. As you might already aware of, the ICS is available OTA. But what if due to some case you couldn’t perform the updating process via Samsung KIES? Could you do it manually? Yes, it is absolutely possible. In facts, today we’re gonna teach you how to do that!
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve done all these following things. First, create a full back up of all your important data, including sms, contacts, settings, and apps. Next, charge your Samsung Galaxy S II up to 60% or above. You have to do this unless you expect a sudden black out during the installation process. Finally, enable the USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development. When you’re done with all these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the ICS package and Odin for Samsung Galaxy S II, save ‘em both in your computer. don’t forget to extract the ICS package .zip file
2. Turn off your handset. Press and hold both Volume - and Center button, while simultaneously pressing the Power button. This step will make your handset prompted to Download Mode
3. Launch Odin and plug in your handset into the computer. The ID:COM section in Odin should turns to yellow, indicating that the device is properly detected
4. Click on a button named PDA and select browse for a file named M250K_HOME_M250K.UC08.2152_CL226872_REV02_user_low_ship_source.jkh.tar.md5. You should retrieve this file after extracting the ICS package
5. Click on Start button and the installation process should start immediately
6. Wait until it’s over. Unplug your handset, turn it off, unload the battery and insert it again. Don’t forget to press Volume + and OK button, while simultaneously pressing the power button. This will make your handset prompted to Recovery Mode
7. Select Wipe Data / Factory Reset and continue with Wipe Cache Partition
8. Go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations, you’ve just successfully install the new Android 4.0 update in your Samsung Galaxy S II. Don’t hesitate to write down your difficulties if you’re facing any problem while applying this tutorial to your Samsung Galaxy S II. We will do our best to assist you with the problem.tags: Android 4.0, Galaxy S II, ICS, SAmsung, Update