How to Update Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
If you’re one of proud owners of Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001, we have a great news for you. The Android 2.3.6 update for your phone is now available. Dubbed as XXKQ7, this OS update contains some performance and interface enhancement. The best part is that you don’t have to root your device in order to install this new update.
Today, we will teach you how to install this XXKQ7 Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread update into your Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001. Since it is a beta firmware, you won’t be able to use the Samsung KIES software. Before we provide you with the instructions, make sure that you’ve already met the following conditions. First, create a full backup of all your important files, including contacts, settings, sms, apps, videos, and musics. Second, charge your handset to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update process. Finally, remove or disable any antivirus program in your computer. We can start the updating immediately, the moment after you’re done with all these stuffs.
1. Grab the XXKQ7 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001. Extract it into your computer
2. Launch the Odin3 v1.83 program and leave it for now
3. Now, navigate to Settings > Applications > Development > and enable the USB Debugging menu in your handset
4. Turn off your handset. Press and hold both Volume - and OK button, then simultaneously press the Power button. This actions should make your handset prompted into Download mode
5. Once you already there, plug in your handset into the computer via USB cable. The ID:COM section in Odin3 v1.83 should turns into yellow
6. Click on a button named PDA, select the I9001XXKQ7_I9001DBTKP2_I9001XXKPK_HOME.tar.md5, and press the Start button. The update process should start immediately. Once it’s done, your handset should reboot
7. Wait until your phone reach the home screen, then turn it off
8. Now, press both Volume - and OK buttons, then simultaneously press the power button. This will make your handset prompted to Recovery Mode.
9. Once you already there, select Wipe Data / Factory Reset. Continue with Wipe Cache Partition. End this step by select the Reboot System Now