How to update Acer A500 tablet with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich? Is that the main question that currently swarm around in your mind? Well, if it is, then consider this as your lucky day because we will provide you with a full detailed tutorial on how to do that! Isn’t that great?
First of all, you should thank to XDA member known as vache, who finally manage to release an Android custom ROM that dubbed as Taboonay 3.0.1. According to his explanation, this ROM is build based on Android 4.0.3 ICS firmware for Acer Iconia Tab A500. In this latest pre-rooted build, vache includes some amazing stuffs like Moto Weather widget, Acer Print, Terminal emulator, Live Wallpapers, and Face Unlock functionality!
But before we get started, make sure that you’ve done these following things. First, don’t forget to create a full backup of all your important data, including sms, contacts, settings, and apps. Next, charge your battery up to 60% or above. This is required to avoid unwanted shut down during the updating process. You’re also have to remove or disable any antivirus apps in your desktop computer because it might able to interrupt the installation. When you’re finish with all these stuffs, you can start the tutorial on How to update Acer A500 tablet with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
1. Grab Vache’s Taboonay 3.0.1 ROM for Acer Iconia Tab and save it in your computer
2. Plug in your tablet to the computer
3. Move the .zip file to your tablet’s SD card
4. Unplug your device and turn it off
5. Next, prompt to Recovery mode by holding the tablet on landscape mode, press and hold the Volume - button, while simultaneously press the power button
6. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
7. When it’s done, you can continue with Install zip from SD card, select the Choose zip from SD card option, and browse for the Taboonay 3.0.1 zip file
8. The installation process should start immediately
9. Once it’s done, go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations, you’ve successfully update your Acer Iconia Tab A500 with Android 4.0 ICS. Now that you’re done it already, you can experience lot of ICS goodies in your tablet, including resizeable widgets, face unlock, and zero shutter lag.
Do you have any problem in applying How to update Acer A500 tablet with Android 4.0 tutorial? Then don’t hesitate to write down your problem. We will try our best to assist you with those issues.tags: Acer, Android 4.0, Iconia Tab A500, ICS