Samsung Galaxy Ace receive CyanogenMod 9 custom ROM! What!? You don’t know what that is? Where do you live dude, CyanogenMod 9 is like the coolest Android custom ROM in the world. It is build by a dedicated and skilled developer team known as CyanogenMod and this 9 version is their latest release. It is build based on Google’s Android 4.0.3 firmware and now, you’ve the chance to port it to your Samsung Galaxy Ace! You should be happy if you’re happen to own the device, because not all android phone is supported by CyanogenMod custom ROM.
But, before you get too excited, please note that the ROM is still in Beta 4 phase. The good thing is that lot of essential features like boot, GSM, Bluetooth, Android Market, GPS, sounds, headphone, keyboard, games, and acceleration works smoothly at the moment. Now, we will teach you how to install this ROM in your Samsung Galaxy Ace!
Before we get started, make sure that you’ve already done these following things. First, create a full backup of all your important file, including sms, contacts, apps, and settings. Next, charge your Samsung Galaxy Ace to 60% or above. This is important to avoid unexpected error during the installation process. Don’t forget to remove or temporarily disable any antivirus program that exist in your computer. Finally, root your Samsung Galaxy Ace. When you’re done with all these stuffs, you can start to install the CyanogenMod 9 Beta 4
1. Grab the CyanogenMod 9 Beta 4 for Samsung Galaxy Ace
2. Turn on the USB Debugging mode in your handset by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development
3. Plug in your handset into the computer via USB cable. Move the CyanogenMod 9 Beta 4 zip file to the root folder of your SD card
4. Unplug the handset and turn it off. Now, boot to Recovery Mode by press and hold both menu and power button
5. Once you already there, select Install zip from SD card and continue with Choose zip from SD card. Select the CyanogenMod 9 Beta 4 zip file and the installation process should begin immediately
6. Wait until the process to complete and go back to main menu. Select Reboot System Now and you’re good to go
Congratulations, you’ve successfully install the CyanogenMod 9 Beta 4 to your Samsung Galaxy Ace! Now you can taste all of ICS goodies and CyanogenMod customization in your handset. Please note that you’ve already void your warranty, so you might want to flash a default factory ROM if you plan to claims it back.
Having a difficulties applying this tutorial? Then feel free to write down your problem or question on the comment box blow. We will try our best to assist you.tags: CyanogenMod 9 Beta 4, Galaxy Ace S5830, SAmsung