How to Install Android 4.0.3 to Nokia N9
Nokia N9 was spotted to run on Android Ice Cream Sandwich last year, which is great because the handset is naturally work with MeeGo platform. All is possible thanks to NIT Droid team’s Mayhem Project, which manage to port the Google’s mobile platform to the phone. Today, we will teach you how to install their custom ROM on your Nokia N9!
Before we get started, please note that your Nokia N9 must be charged for at least 60%. This is important to avoid unexpected error during the installation process. Next, create a full backup of your important data, because this tutorial will reset the phone’s estate to it’s default settings. When you’re already done with all these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Install both Dual boot kernel and Silly boot on your Nokia N9. There’s no need to worry here folks. You should be able to find a fully detailed instructions on how to do that in both link that we provided
2. Grab Tarball and make sure that the MD5 value is ee57d8c3b9199e87bb5c355e8c9d1cc3. Next, plug in your handset into the computer via USB cable and move the file to your SD card
3. Now, open a command prompt and enter the following line
tar xjvf /path_to_archive/nninedroid_ics_alpha1.tar.bz2 -C /home/
4. Reboot your phone and push the Volume + button as soon as you see a message that ask you to choose alternative OS. Wait for couple of minute and yous should continue this step by select Settings > Display > Sleep > 30 minutes
5. Grab and install ADB in your computer. When you already done that, enter these following commands with your phone plugged in to the computer
adb connect 192.168.2.15:5039 — connect to your device. USB/ADB is broken, but ADB works well over USB networking.
adb logcat — for reading “main” log
adb logcat -b radio — for reading “radio” log
adb shell — to enter to shell
adb pull/push — allow get/put file from/to the device
adb shell rr — “restart radio” — restarts ofono and RIL
adb shell bb — show battery/charging status
Congratulations! you’ve just ported Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to your Nokia N9. Although the team has already manage to make Android OS work in the phone, there’s some bugs that founded on this first release. But initial report suggest that some essential features like touch screen, hw buttons, USB networking, SD card, charging, sensors, audio, lights HAL, and root access are work excellent at the moment.
Well, that’s all we can tell you folks. If you have something to ask about this tutorial, please let us know. We will try our best to help you and we hope that you will be able to take benefit from this guide.This article is helpful for our readers when they're searching about silly boot tar bz2, sillyboot tar bz2 download, sillyboot tar bz2, install sillyboot tar, nninedroid_ics_alpha1 tar bz2, nninedroid_ics_alpha1 tar bz2 скачать, nninedroid_ics_alpha4 tar, Tarball ee57d8c3b9199e87bb5c355e8c9d1cc3, “ee57d8c3b9199e87bb5c355e8c9d1cc3”