How to Upgrade Sony Xperia X10 to Android ICS via Oodie Prime Custom ROM
The official Android 4.0 update for Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 is not available yet. But if you want to taste the Ice Cream Sandwich earlier, you can install a custom ROM named Oodie Prime. This ROM is build based on the Alpha version of MIUI 4. Since it’s still on Alpha, you might experience some system instability or malfunction.
Initial report suggest that camera, mobile data, USB tethering and USB mounting aren’t work properly at the moment. But if you can live without those function, then you’re free to install this ROM. Please note that we won’t take any responsibility to any damage or problems that caused by installing this ROM. Do these steps at your own risk.
Before we begin the tutorial, make sure that your Xperia X10 is rooted already and installed with ClockworkMod Recovery. Next, we are strongly recommend you to make full back up of your important data, including texts, contacts, settings, videos, musics, photos, and apps. Finally, make sure that your phone is full charged to avoid unexpected shut down during the flashing process. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the FlashTool and save it in your computer
2. Download the FXP ICS for Xperia X10, save it in your computer
3. Download the Oodie Prime ROM .zip file and move it into your phone’s SD card
4. Boot into Recovery Mode, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Go back to Main menu, select Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Now, plug in your device into the computer. Run the Flashtool and use it to flash the FXP ICS to your Xperia X10. Wait until the installation process finished and unplug your device
6. Shut down your device and boot it into Recovery Mode
7. Select Install ZIP from SD card. Browse for the .zip file that you’ve already copied on the second step and press install
8. When the process complete, your phone should be automatically reboot
9. Run Superuser apps. Navigate to the apps setting and make sure that Root Permissions option is turned on
10. Navigate to Settings > Application > Development > and turn on the USB debugging mode
11. Restart your Xperia X10 and you’re done