How to Upgrade HTC Desire HD with Android 4.0 ICS Virtuous Quattro 3 ROM
HTC already made a promise that they will provide an Android 4.0 update for HTC Desire HD this year. However, it is still unclear when it will exactly start to roll out. Fortunately, for those who want to experience the Google’s latest version of mobile platform can take advantage from an unofficial firmware that known as Virtuous Quattro.
Virtuous Quattro ROM for Desire HD is still in Alpha 3 phase. Although it still an early build, there’s lot of basic function that work properly at the moment. Initial report suggest that there’s only Bluetooth and video camera function that currently not working.
HTC Desire HD is packed with 4.3 inch screen with Dolby Mobile and SRS Virtual Surround Sound technology. Deep under it’s glossy chassis, lies a 1GHz processors. This handset is come out with Android 2.2 Froyo, but an Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is already available. Now, the Desire HD is also able to taste the Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich via Virtuous Quattro ROM.
Before we start the installation process, make sure that you already root your HTC Desire HD. Install the ClockworkMod Recovery in your handset. Next, make a full back up of all your important data. Finally, charge the battery unit for at least 60% of it’s maximum power.
When you’re done with all those stuffs, we can start begin the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the Virtuous Quattro Alpha 3 custom ROM for HTC Desire HD
2. Move the .zip file into your SD card
3. Turn off your handset and prompt it into the Recovery Mode. You can do that by pressing the Volume - and Power button simultaneously
4. Select the Bootloader
5. Select the Recovery
6. Select the Backup and Restore and continue with Backup
7. Select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option
8. Select Wipe Cache Partition
9. From the Advance Setting, choose the Wipe Dalvik Cache
10. Now, you must select the Install Zip From SD Card option
11. Continue with Choose Zip From SD Card and select the .zip file that you’ve already copied on the second step
12. Wait until the process complete, then choose Go Back, and finish the rest of installation process with Reboot System Now