HTC is already promised that they will bring the Google’s latest Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS to some of it’s existing products, including the HTC Desire HD. The problem is, we have no idea when it will actually happen. Fortunately, using a custom ROM named as LC ICS 4.0.3, you can taste the Ice Cream Sandwich earlier in your Desire HD.
Please note that the ROM is specially build for Desire HD. Installing it to other type of device is not recommended.
Today, we will teach you how to install the custom ROM into your Desire HD. Before we start the tutorial, make sure that your Desire HD is rooted and have the ClockworkMod Recovery installed. Next, make a full backup of your important data, including texts, contacts, settings, photos, videos, and apps. When you’re already finish with all these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the LC ICS 4.0.3 ROM and save it into your computer
2. Plug in your Desire HD into the computer and move the .zip file into the phone’s SD card
3. Shut Down your phone. Press and hold down Volume - and Power button simultaneously. This action will make your phone prompted into Recovery Mode
4. Select Bootloader and continue with Recovery
5. Select Backup and Restore
6. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset
7. Select Wipe Cache Partition
8. Go back to main menu, select Advanced and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache
9. Once again, go back to main menu and select the Install ZIP from SD card. Continue with Choose ZIP from SD card
10. Browse and select the .zip file that you’ve already copied on the second step of this tutorial
11. Wait until the installation process finished and select Go Back
12. Select Reboot System Now and you’re done