How to Update Samsung Galaxy S II I900 with JPKK1 Arabic Gingerbread 2.3.6
If you’re happen to own the International version of Samsung Galaxy S II GT I900, the one that available across United Arab Emirates, is now able to upgrade it with the Android Gingerbread OS. Today, we will provide you with a fully detailed explanation on how to do that by taking advantage from the JPKK1 Arabic Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware, which is also support for Arabic languages and characters.
Please note that this firmware is an official release from the Samsung Electronics for it’s UAE consumers. But we would like to tell you that you shouldn’t try to apply it to other variant of the phone or you might end up with ruining the device system.
Before we start the installation process, we must make sure that you’re already done few things. First, make a backup of all your important data, including texts, contacts, apps, audios, videos and settings. Second, enable the USB Debugging Mode by navigating to Settings > Application > Development. Finally, make sure that your Samsung Galaxy S II‘s battery level is rated at 60% or above. This is important to make sure there’s no unexpected shut down during the installation process. When you’re done with all these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the JPKK1 Firmware package and save it into your computer. Extract the .zip file and you’ll get three different file
2. Launch the Odin app
3. Turn off your device. Press and hold the Volume - and Center button. Keep those buttons pressed and turn on your phone. This action will make your phone prompted into Download Mode
4. Plug in your phone into the computer
5. The ID:COM section in Odin should turn into yellow. This is the sign that the apps has already recognize your device
6. Click on a button named PDA and select a file named I9100GJPKK1_I9100GOJPKK2_I9100GDZKK1_HOME.tar.md5 (the one that you’ve already download in the first step). Click on Start button and the installation process should begin immediately.
7. Wait until the process complete, which normally take 10 minutes, and the phone will be automatically reboot. Congratulation, you’ve already succeed installing Android Gingerbread in your Samsung Galaxy S II