How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 with XXLA6 Android 2.3.6 Firmware
If you’re happen to live in Europe, then you should be able to update your Galaxy Note N7000 with the XXLA6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. The firmware is an official release from Samsung representative in the continent. It is said that this new update will bring some minor fixes for camera and S Note apps bugs. However, it is still unclear when this update will be released world wide. Today, we will provide you with the firmware file and a full detailed instruction on how to install the update. Please note that this tutorial is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. If you try to apply to other variant of the phone, you might end up with a bricked device.
Before we start the tutorial, make sure that you’re already make a full backup of your important file, including the contacts, texts, videos, apps, and musics. Next, you have to charged your battery until it reach at least 60% of it’s maximum power, anything above that value is better. This is important to avoid unexpected shut down during the update process. Assuming that you’re already met all of these conditions, we can start to update the Galaxy Note N7000 with XXLA6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware.
1. Grab the XXLA6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware package, save it into your computer and extract it
2. Turn your attention to your phone. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development > and turn on the USB Debugging mode
3. Shut down your device. Press and hold the Volume – and OK button altogether. Press the power button while you hold on to those buttons. This actions should make your handset prompted into Download Mode
4. Launch the Odin app
5. Plug in your device into the computer. The ID:COM section in Odin should turn into yellow, this is the sign that your device is successfully detected
6. Click on a button named PDA, browse and select a file named N7000XXLA6_N7000OXXLA1_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5 and press the Start button. The installation process should begin. Normally, it will take 3-4 minutes and your phone will automatically reboot.
7. Once it’s reached the home screen, turn it off
8. Boot into the recovery mode. Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset and pick the Wipe Cache Partition. Wait until the wipe process complete.
9. Go back to main menu and select Reboot System Now
Congratulations, you’ve successfully update your Galaxy Note N7000 with the XLA6 Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware.This article is helpful for our readers when they're searching about n7000, galaxy note n7000, samsung note n7000, gingerbread xxla6, how to upgrade galaxy note, xxla6, galaxy note xxla6 official, xxla6 firmware download