If you’re already root or mess around with your Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 and W8, but ended with bricked system, we have a solution for you. Here’s a tutorial on how to unbrick them. Anyway, there’s two kind of bricked phone. The first one is usually called as hard brick, which is a condition when you’re handset is completely dead and unable to turn on. Second type of bricked handset is the soft brick. In this case, you can turn on your phone, but it will bring you with white blank screen. There’s nothing you can do about this since the phone won’t respond to any command at all.
Our tutorial is applicable for both condition in Sony Ericsson W8 and X8. Check out the full explanation, right after the break.
1. Grab the latest version of flash tool
2. Find and download both generic and Russian ROM for Sony Ericsson X8/W8
3. Download the baseband collection
4. Move the ftf file to /firmwares directory. Install the drivers from the respective directory.
5. Plug in your Xperia X8 into the computer and initiate the flash tool
6. Click on a button named flash. Select your ROM. Some sort of notification should pop out and you must press and hold the back button. Keep doing this until the flashing process complete. When it’s done, you can unplug your device
7. You should reboot your device and when it is fully rebooted, the phone should turn back to it’s normal condition.