Anyone who’re happen to own the Amazon Kindle Fire should be able to taste the Ice Cream Sandwich on their tablet via CyanogenMod 9. There’s also another custom ROM for Kindle Fire that known as MIUI. This one is build on top of Android 2.3 Gingerbread. Now, we have the latest version of MIUI software that based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. This new version is also packed with highly customized user interface.
Currently dubbed as MIUI 184.108.40.206.2.3 Ice Cream Sandwich, this ROM was specially made for Kindle Fire and has been released this week.
Just like the original Android 4.0, this custom version is not require any physical buttons to navigate around the menu. There’s also a quick setting panel and improved apps tray. Initial report suggest that recent apps function is not working at the moment.
MIUI team packed this custom ROM with some of Google’s standard services, including the Android Market, Gmail, and Google Maps. There’s pre-installed Amazon App Store is also available.
1. Grab the MIUI ROM for Kindle fire in here and move it to your SD card
2. Shut down the Kindle Fire
3. Press the power button to turn on your tablet
4. The moment after you see a triangular shape with yellow color, press and hold the power button until that shape turns into green
5. Your tablet should be prompted into TWRP 2.0
6. Tap on the Backup button to make a copy of your important data, just in case if anything goes wrong
7. Select the Wipe option and continue with Factory Reset
8. Back to the Home Screen, find the install button and tap it. You should browse for the .zip file that you’ve already copied on the first step and select it
9. Tap the Flash button
10. Wait until the process complete and select the Reboot System option