One of the Samsung’s most popular handset is the Galaxy Y S5360. It is shipped with Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread platform. However, the Korean giant has already issued an official Android 2.3.6 update for this smartphone.
Currently known as DDLA1 build, this new update will complete some missing feature that are currently not presented in the previous version of the OS. It might not bring huge impact like an Android 4.0 ICS update, but we suggest anyone who own the Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 to immediately grab this one.
Please note that applying the update to a network-locked model of the smartphone is extremely dangerous. You can end up with ruining your phone system. One more thing, by installing this new update, you’ll loose all of your root access.
Before we start the installation process, make sure you have met the following conditions.
- Battery Unit is charged at least 50% or above. This is necessary to avoid unexpected interruption during the installation process.
- Back up all of your important data
- Close or uninstall Samsung KIES software if you’ve already have one in your computer
When you’re done will all that stuffs, we can start the OS update.
1. Grab DDLA update, PIT file, and Odin3 v1.85. Save them into your computer
2. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development and turn on the USB debugging mode in your Samsung Galaxy Y.
3. Extract the DDLA update .rar file.
4. Launch the Odin3 app in your computer
5. Plug in your device to the computer, the Odin3 will automatically recognize your device
6. Load the following files to it’s respective tab. All of these files were included on the zip file that you’ve already download on the first step
7. Look at the Option on the Odin3, you should check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time box. Leave other feature to it’s default setting
8. Click on the Start button. When the the process done, your phone will be automatically reboot
9. Shutdown your device and prompt it to the Recovery Mode
10. Once you’re there, select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition.