How to Install Default Factory Firmware in LG Thrill 4G
If you’re already root your LG Thrill 4G P925 but want to claim the warranty, install the official factory firmware is the only way to do that. Today, we will teach you how to do it in a few simple steps.
Now, before we start the tutorial, make sure that you’ve already make a full back up of your texts, contacts, settings, and important files. Next, charged your battery unit until it reached 60% of it’s maximum power or above. This is important to avoid unexpected shut down during the installation process. If you’re have some antivirus apps in your computer, uninstall/disable it for a while. When you’re done with all of these stuffs, we can start the tutorial right away.
1. Grab the recovery image and save it into your computer
2. Navigate to Settings > Applications > Development and enable the USB Debugging Mode
3. Plug in your phone into the desktop computer using a standard USB cable
4. Extract the .zip file that you’ve already download on the first step. Launch a file named recovery manager.bat
5. Grab the LG Flash Package and extract it. You’ll have a file with .kdz file extension
6. Remove all LG Drivers in your phone and restart the computer
7. Browse for the extracted folder and find a file named as LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN36AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 6.exe, launch it. Look in the folder named Server and double click on shttp3.exe
8. If there’s any notification pop put, you should select I agree with this license, and I accept all items. Now, navigate to Update Entry in Main Menu, continue with Add to Startup. Fill in the password field with admin and click a button named Install
9. Select Small HTTP Server from the Start menu
10. Right click on the new icon that appeared in the task bar. Select Settings and continue with HTTP. Change the Port to 9002 and click OK to save your setting
11. Go to C:\shttps and copy a folder named WWW to C:\shttps\www
12. Go to C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc and move a file named hosts to the ORIG folder that placed in the LG Flash Package. Now, look for a folder named MOD in the LG Flash Package. There should be another file named hosts. Copy it into the C:\Windows\system32\etc.
13. Navigate to Software folder and launch the B2CAppSetup.exe. Wait until the installation process complete and look for a folder named Flashing. Double click on the Windows Enabler.exe. A new icon should be appear in the task bar. Right click on it and turn it ON
14. Still on the same folder, double click on the msmxml.msi file. Next, open the Device Manager in your computer
15. Unplug your phone, remove the battery and insert it again. Press Volume + and power button simultaneously. This actions should make your handset prompted into Recovery Mode. The device manager should now look for new COM PORT
16. Now, double click on UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe. Click on the select kdz file and browse for your .kdz file. Navigate to Normal web upgrade test > upgrade start > Select country and language > Country > Different Country > Language and click OK