How to Install Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to Samsung Galaxy Tab 7″ P1000
Today I will share a tutorial to update your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7-inch P1000 to latest Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 Alpha 3.
I hope you read it well. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL ANDROID ICS UPDATE. Anything happen in your Tab, is not my responsibility. Do it at your own risk!
Ok, Lets start to update the P1000 tablet.
Preparation before upgrading your Android tablet :
1. BACKUP ALL OF YOUR IMPORTANT DATA! You can use AppBackup apps or find tutorial to backup your Android apps here (use the search)
2. Make sure that you have enough battery! Minimum 75%, but it will better if your phone is fully charged!
HOW TO UPDATE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB P1000 to ANDROID ICS 4.0
- Download these files first :
- ODIN v.1.7
2. Extract GB-stock-safe_v5.zip somewhere in a easy-accessed folder. Make sure that those zipped file contains : “gt-p1000_mr.pit, GB_Stock_Safe_v5.tar, modem.bin ( inJPZ Modem folder)
How to Flashing :
1. Turn off your Galaxy Tab and go to Download Mode (simply press Power + Volume Down)
2. Open Odin V.1.7
3. Connect your Galaxy Tab to your PC or Laptop (Make sure you already install Samsung KIES)
4. If you open ODIN, you will find some forms that you have to fill. Follow this instructions :
- Click PIT , input gt-p1000_mr.pit file
- Click PDA, input GB_Stock_Safe_v5.tar file
- Click PHONE input modem.bin
( Make sure re-partition is CHECKED)
5. Click START on ODIN. wait until the upgrade/flashing process success. If your flashing steps is success, ODIN will show PASS text in the box.\
6. Your Galaxy Tab will reboot and install automatically.
7. Change the language to English.
Well done, you’re done the first step. This step is just make sure that your Galaxy Tab 7″ P1000 runs Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
(If you already run Android 2.3 Gingerbread, you can skip steps above)
This article is helpful for our readers when they're searching about ics_p1000_alpha3_gsm zip, GB-Stock-Safe-v5 zip, p1000 android 4 0, samsung pt1000 ice cream sandwich, gb_stock_safe_v5 tar, how to install ics on galaxy tab p1000, zeki tablet, samsung pt1000 android 4, galaxy tab p1000 ice cream sandwich, install cwm on gt-p1000
HOW TO UPGRADE SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB from ANDROID GINGERBREAD to ANDROID ICS 4.0 :
1. Backup your apps!
2. Copy ICS_P1000_Alpha3_GSM.zip, ICS-4.0.1-CWM.Root.v1.0.0.zip, ICS-4.0.1-CWM.wi-fi.v2.0.0.zip to external SD card
3. Shut down your Galaxy Tab and go to Recovery Mode (Power + Volume Up)
4. Wipe data / do a factory reset in Wipe menu
5. Go to the main menu, choose install menu. Now, choose Install from SD Card >>> Choose ICS_P1000_Alpha3_GSM.zip and install >>Go again to Install Menu >>Choose ICS-4.0.1-CWM.Root.v1.0.0.zip and install >> last, continue to choose ICS-4.0.1-CWM.wi-fi.v2.0.0.zip and install.
6. Wait the process until Done, after that choose Power Off
7. Voila! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7″ P1000 now runs Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0!